Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dancing Salsa Saved My Life

You may laugh, you may want to steal my lunch money, or give me a wedgie, but it is true.

I was lost, I thought that science, technology, coding and the politics of consumption were the most interesting things you could talk about at a dinner party. I had lived through a string of moderately successful relationships, and I thought that was the meaning of life.

Then I discovered salsa. To be honest, at first I just went along for a girl I met in my Spanish language group. I soon discovered a weird society where you could wander the world, going out and instantly meet people (girls) without getting drunk and trying to convince them that computer science was fun. All you had to do was invest some money and time in a new skill set (dancing) and buy some deoderant.

That is how I become a devotee to the world of dancing salsa. It keeps me fit, and sober, and I have become so used to holding beautiful women in my arms that I feel like a rockstar.

No one ever told me about this world when I was a teenager, I wish they did, I would not have wasted so much time trying to be like Jon Bon Jovi. So that is why I am telling you now:

"Guys, go and learn to dance salsa, it will make your life immeasursably better!"

No comments:

Post a Comment